Supporting enterprise and growth in West Essex
The West Essex Enterprise Group draws its members from an eclectic mix of organsiations that share a common goal - to stimulate and support enterprise and growth in West Essex. Our number includes economic development lead officers from the three districts councils, representatives of Chambers of Commerce, FSB, HMRC, Jobcentre plus, Enterprise Agencies, National Apprenticeship Service, FE colleges, Business Link, and independent business mentors.
- Support small and medium size enterprise
- Developing an excellent business support network.
- Supporting the provision of mentoring support.
- Improving access to finance for new business start ups
- Increase procurement opportunities and the capacity of SMEs to gain
contracts with large public and private sector organisations.
- Exploit the excellent strategic location
- Delivering the Enterprise Zone at Harlow
- Partnership working with Hertfordshire, Cambridge and North London, as well as the rest of Essex.
- Improve infrastructure
- Transport infrastructure is a key priority, particularly in Harlow
- Improved broadband capacity
- Improve the quality of the West Essex employment space.
- Skills work focussed on three key areas: 16-24 year olds preparing for work; the HE & FE offer; and management development.
- Increasing employer awareness of the benefits of apprenticeships.
- Improving low levels of aspiration and lack of ambition and embedding a culture of enterprise and entrepreneurship, including outreach work, one stop shop access to support and improving Enterprise initiatives in Schools
- Celebrate success
- Case studies and success stories that promote and demonstrate the benefits of enterprise and entrepreneurship
- Establish business support needs post November 2013 to report to the West Essex Alliance with options for delivery.
- Create Global Enterprise Week activity
- Develop a communiations strategy and the WEEG website
- Increase access to mentoring support
- Broadband – input to Essex project, establishing what the needs are
- Investigate a loan fund for business start up
- Develop an offer to schools
- Provide enterprise support for people who are unemployed